Squippy's Escape is a quick, tough platformer. Guide Squippy to the exit, avoiding the hazards (spikes, mostly) as you make your way through five levels. But don't worry--even if Squippy dies, he jumps right back into the action!
Squippy's Escape is my first game project, and was mostly intended as a vehicle to familiarize myself with development in GameMaker: Studio and GML, and to learn the mechanics and considerations of making a 2D platformer. As someone who chronically abandons projects, another specific goal I had was to see it to the end and create a complete, polished product that I would be proud to show off. So here it is! I hope you check it out and enjoy!
(P.S. My current record time is 1:39.20, can you beat it?)
Browser: click "Run Game" above! In-game, you can press the Back button in your browser to return to this page.
Windows: simply unzip the .zip somewhere on your computer and run "SquippysEscape.exe"!
This game should run on just about any semi-modern machine, but if you run into any performance problems please leave a comment below.
- ARROW KEYS or WASD to move/jump/drop-through
- P to pause
- M to mute/unmute
- R in-game to reset game (don't press accidentally!)
- ESC at any time to quit (Windows only)
- Design, programming, art, sound, music (Intro Theme): Dan Thompson
- Music (Main Theme, Level 5 Theme, End Theme): Callan Clarke
- Thanks to Callan, Sean and Isaac for playtesting
- And thanks to Rachel for making me a lovely t-shirt with Squippy on it
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.